Saturday, May 8, 2010

Psalm 51:10-12
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to
sustain me.

Today's Joy: An Afternoon Spent with God.
I got a little bogged down today, Reader, in balancing the budget & taking care of life's daily to-do's. Began to feel that vague panicky sensation that comes with worrying about things out of one's control.

Then, all at once, I felt a soft, inner voice beckoning me to spend some quality time with God on this chilly Saturday. So I lit a lovely candle, curled up on the bed and opened my bible. Psalm 51 (which I'd never read) was the first thing I saw. Isn't it funny how He just seems to know what we need to hear in a given moment? Sometimes, the best expressions of love are the ones that simply give us the encouragement to keep moving forward. One gentle word, one offer of help, one gesture of kindness at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment