Friday, May 7, 2010

Today's Joy: Avid Readership.
It's official, Reader. My lovely little blog is beginning to garner a following. I realized this tonight, while having dinner at my dear friend K's house. We haven't gotten together in a while and were enjoying a leisurely chat in the kitchen while he made dinner.

At three points in the conversation, when I alluded to some funny thing that happened this week, he laughed and said, "I know!"
And I said, "What do you mean? How do you know that?"
Then he laughed again and said, "I read your blog."

Ah, yes. That thing I look forward to writing each evening. The place where I record my joy for the enjoyment of others. He receives it via email whenever I post. Hmm. My blog stole my punchline! What a strange sensation.

At this point, I realized I better start coming up with new material when I go out with friends, lest all my face-to-face interactions become blog re-runs. (Help! I'm redundant!) Still, I can't stop giggling about it. Thank you, all my dear Readers, for your kind attention & warm feedback. What a blessing it is to be a part of your lives and have you as a part of mine. I look forward to sharing joy with you for a long time to come! (And if I retell a few stories along the way, just humor me.) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment