Tuesday, May 4, 2010



Today's Joy: Having My Coffee in the Kitchen Each Morning with a Lady's Slipper Orchid.
Cappuccino just tastes better when you're in the company of a marvelous orchid, Reader. Each day I come downstairs, looking forward to a steaming mug of Hills Bros. Dark Chocolate and some quality wake-up time. An entire half hour spent sipping hot deliciousness while I contemplate my paphiopedilum starts any day off right.

If you haven't had the pleasure, there's something sophisticated and wonderful about orchids. They're part regal, part funky and all kinds of interesting. It's their distinctive originality that appeals most to me. I find it easier to tackle the inevitable daily problems of life when I'm in the frame of mind to appreciate complex life forms. Besides, how cool is it to grow something that weird-looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment