Sunday, May 9, 2010



Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

There's nothing like a mama-hug. ~Terri Guillemets

Today's Joy: Spending Mother's Day with The Moms in My Life.
It's been a lovely day, Reader. Got up early this morning and went over to make breakfast for my Mom before I had to go to work. She loves my omelets so I whipped her up a delicious one, with fresh veggies & Oaxaca cheese. We perused her garden a bit and had a nice talk. While she has always been my biggest fan, I'm especially grateful for her counsel & support over these last months. She keeps me centered when the world comes tumbling down. Love you, Mom!

After our delightful breakfast, I went to work and spent the afternoon helping many mothers find something nice in celebration of their day. Several husbands came into our store, spread their arms wide and said, "Honey, pick out whatever you want." There were also more than a few teenage sons tagging along with Mom while she shopped, holding her purse or shopping basket and patiently waiting while she compared curtains, patio cushions or dishware patterns. Everywhere I looked, there were little bits of love being demonstrated.

After work, I went home to have dinner with Aunt, Aunt Chef & Uncle. We went to our favorite local restaurant and yakked about this weekend's adventures. A wonderful way to wind up such a sweet day.

To all the Mothers of the World:
Thank You for raising us up right, and for not letting us roller blade/ride our bikes/play ball in the house.
Thank You for always listening to our problems and for loving us even when we're little stinkers.
Thank You for encouraging us to be our best selves and supporting us in whatever we do.
And Thank You for always making us feel special & loved. You hold our world in your hands!

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty
An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy. ~Spanish Proverb

Quotes courtesy of The Quote Garden.
Photo: Mom & I at Bridal Shower Tea, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment