Thursday, May 13, 2010



Joy is the will which labors, which overcomes obstacles, which knows triumph.
~ William Butler Yeats

Today's Joy: Opportunities As Blessings.
Reader, it's a good day. Had another interview today (new company). I think it went well, will know in the next day or so if I'll be called back for a second round. It looks like an excellent opportunity. With the job market so competitive, I'm feeling blessed just to have back-to-back interviews this week. Thank You, God!

Then, tonight, I open up my email and find my photo notecards and bookmarks have been accepted into a juried art show (my first!) scheduled for late July. Hurray! What a wonderful creative opportunity! My mind is all a-whir with plans for the next 2 & 1/2 months. Will need to increase my inventory, add collections (diversify, diversify, diversify!) & will need to acquire my own display equipment. But I'm not going to worry about it tonight--God will provide!

O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'
Isaiah 30:19-21


Isn't it amazing how we are blessed when we follow the path He puts before us? Of course, there will be setbacks and difficulties to overcome. But that's simply the price we pay for what is most worth having. If you're on the fence about doing something, Reader, or if you just aren't sure what would be accomplished by tackling that little thing you've been wanting to try, put in the effort. Pray about it. Meditate on it. Ask for guidance. If after that, the obstacles in your mind have diminished at all--move forward. Do it! Put that positive energy out there! Even if it isn't successful, you will get back so much more than you hoped for.

Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart.
~ Myla Kabat-Zinn

Problems are only opportunities in work clothes. ~ Henry J. Kaiser

Quotes courtesy of motivationalquotes.com.

Photo: Me, In The Creative Process, May, 2010.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture! You need more pictures of you and more pictures of your fabulous scarves!

    ReplyDelete