Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today's Joy: #2
Hmm. Turns out I have two joys for today, Reader. While job hunting online yesterday, I emailed my resume on a lark and received an interview request less than an hour later.

Truth be told, I've stopped getting excited about going on interviews. The last several haven't panned out and winding up disappointed does a number on my daily positivity. So, I figured from now on, I'll go with low expectations, do my best and then let it go--God will take care of it. Nowadays, hiring contacts don't even acknowledge receipt of your resume anyway. So, a quick response was a pleasant surprise. Still, I wasn't going to get worked up over it.

But from the time I woke up this morning, I've felt God with me all day. I even came across these two bible passages while getting dressed:

Be confident in this one thing that God who has begun a good work in you will complete it!
~ Philippians 1:6

For it is God working in you, giving you the will and the power to achieve His purposes.
~ Philippians 2:13

Okay. So maybe there's something more going on here. I went to the interview and it went beautifully. I really liked the look of the company and the opportunity. I connected well with my interviewer. She gave me a timed accuracy exercise and I was the only applicant to finish it! I left there knowing I'd put my best foot forward--a wonderful sensation. After all, who can stand against you when He stands with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment