Saturday, September 4, 2010

Today's Joy: Getting There Just In Time.
While my family was out having a ball trail riding and driving at the local forest preserve all afternoon, I was unfortunately stuck at my weekend home decor job, Reader. I watched the clock and as soon as my shift was up, I beat-foot it home. But no one was back yet. So, I called Aunt and she said they were all still out having fun and I should come join them for a pie iron (a lovely camp dessert involving two pieces of white bread, slathered with butter and having all manner of deliciousness in between, sandwiched in a pocket-shaped pair of cast iron long-handled irons and baked on a bed of hot coals).

So I jumped back in the truck and headed over to find the usual suspects lounging around in the usual place. And while my pie iron was baking into toasty, bubbly goodness on the smokey joe, I got to meet the newest addition to our kooky cast, E, the Trail Aficionado. A friend of our Fearless Trail Leader, E seemed to really be enjoying his first outing with our set. I suspect he's also a man who knows how to tell a good story. (Just so you know, E, we are all ears!) Here's hoping he joins us for more adventures.

Though it was only for a bit, it was totally worth it to catch the tail end of today's festivities. And my pie iron was crazy delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment