Tuesday, August 31, 2010


Sunrise, Hampshire, IL, 2008.

Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself. ~Elbert Hubbard

Today's Joy: Rise & Shine!
Lots going on this week, Reader. There always seem to be more pressing reasons to get out of bed early in the a.m. than to sleep in. So, despite the allure of my comfy pillow and cozy featherbed, and even despite the soft, rusty purring of my cantankerous orange tomcat beckoning me to snooze just a little longer, I must roll out of bed and find my glasses (no easy task) and get about my day.

Once I'm up and showered and wearing fab earrings, I'm rarin' to go. I put my best foot forward and say a prayer that I can make a difference in somebody's life that day and off I go. Thank you, Lord, for the stamina to get up early every single day with a smile on my face. And thank you for the upcoming 3-day holiday weekend with at least one morning where I can linger in bed as long as I want. Amen.

I'd like mornings better if they started later. ~Author Unknown

Quotes courtesy of The Quote Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment