Wednesday, July 7, 2010



Today's Joy: Stuff You Can't Get Enough Of.
All right, Reader. Perhaps you're getting a bit bored with all my passion flower photos. If so, I do apologize and promise that I will move on to something else shortly. I'm just so darn pleased with them and lately, they've been appearing at the rate of one new flower each day. As there are only two left to open and a blossom lasts just 24 hours, I've been relishing each new debut. I think I find passion flowers fascinating in part because of their brief lifespan. All that creativity and drama and glamour goes into something so fleeting. Certainly keeps me mindful of the beauty in the moment.

Besides, I'm sure there's something in your life, Reader, that fascinates you no end while simultaneously boring the crud out of everyone who loves you. I think that's one of the bedrock principles of any good relationship: I'll put up with your weird obsession if you put up with mine... (within reason, of course.)



It's also important at times to indulge our innate curiosity impulse. Helps us understand the world around us, and perhaps even ourselves, a little better. Have you noticed, Reader, how much better it feels to focus on the healthy things in your life that you can't get enough of, rather than on all the things that bother you? You might say that a little healthy fascination makes us happier. I'm all for that. And if you somehow haven't had your fill of passion flowers yet, here's a link to my flickr set. Okay, I promise I'm moving on now.......






No comments:

Post a Comment