Monday, July 5, 2010


First Rose of Sharon of the 2010 Season

Today's Joy: Lollygagging.
Reader, I've done nothing useful today. Had the day off and slept in 'til 9:15. I did get up and water all the plants (in my pj's & bare feet). And washed a load of laundry. And fed the cat. But other than that, I did nothing useful at all.

Lingered over a big, yellow mug of Dark Chocolate Cappuccino, chatting with Aunt about all kids of minutia. Got dressed in a very leisurely and disorganized fashion. Picked Mom up and we sauntered through a bunch of fun stores in Geneva, IL. Home Goods, Crate & Barrel, Kirklands. We oohed and aahed and then sauntered right back out again. Then I came home and read a few more chapters of The Historian. A little while later, Aunt Chef & Uncle came over for BBQ leftovers and we spent a lovely evening talking about yesterday's trail ride and picnic. Then I collected my cantankerous orange cat and snuggled into bed.

Actually, it was a practically perfect sort of day. A lollygagger's dream. I promise, tomorrow I will go back to work and be a productive member of society. But until then, hiatus is my middle name...

No comments:

Post a Comment