Monday, July 12, 2010

Passion Flower Vine on Bird Trellis

Today's Joy: Horticultural Housekeeping.
I thoroughly enjoyed my day off, Reader. After spending a leisurely morning sipping cappuccino and getting caught up with online stuff, I got out my trowel and repotted the last of my new plants. The gorgeous double-ruffled apricot hibiscus tree (a gift from Aunt) is in full bloom (see below) and looks very smart in its new pot. And my much talked-about passion flower, which has finally finished blooming, also has new digs. When I went to unwind its vines from the small bamboo trellis, I found they were already long enough to cover the new, larger trellis I planned to use. Now it looks twice the size it did.

I also fussed a bit with my Boot Garden and circled the house to snap shots of everything newly-opened. It still amazes me how much things change week to week and sometimes even day to day. Below, for your enjoyment, dear Reader, are the best of the shots I took today.

Boot Garden Reloaded
(New additions include Curly Wurly (pink pot on left) & Lime Bicolor Petunias (yellow pot on right.)


Apricot Double-ruffled Hibiscus Blossom


Freshly Potted


Apricot Double-ruffled Hibiscus


Iron Trellis


From the Top


Begonia Basket


Stackable Mini Herb Garden
(Little green shoots on lowest level are baby Basil plants.)


Lily


Herb Garden


Lilies Just Open


Herb Garden


Lily


Passion Flower Repotted
(After unraveling the vines & affixing them to a larger trellis, the plant seemed to double in size.)

No comments:

Post a Comment