Friday, August 13, 2010

Today's Joy: A New Puppy On The Horizon.
Well, Reader, after nearly a year of being dog-less (my beloved cocker spaniel, Maia, passed away last October), a new companion may soon be entering the picture. After considering what kind of dog I would like to have next and deciding on the Wirehaired Fox Terrier, I applied to a local breeder of good standing and just received word that my puppy application has been approved! Yay! They are expecting a litter around the end of October, so I could have a new puppy to love come Christmas.

I loooove puppies at Christmas! I love puppies anyway. However, I suspect Chunk (the cat) does not love puppies. Told him this morning that he better live it up while he can. His days as a single cat are numbered. He thinks I'm bluffing.

Now comes that most daunting of challenges: picking out a name. So far I have a running list for boys and one for girls. They all seem to sound either British or French or are somehow affiliated with music, art or English literature. Oh, and a few are food-related. Here is what I am considering thus far:

Boys
Klaus
Emmett
Claude
Thomas
Rupert
Stilton

Girls
Gretel
Sylvie
Etta
Souffle

As always, your input is welcome, Reader. What do you think? Any other suggestions? Please, nothing crass or childish. The countdown begins!

1 comment: