Tuesday, August 10, 2010


Soaking my Phalaenopsis Orchids this morning.
I soak them in water for 15 minutes 1-2 times weekly.
Be sure to drain the excess water before returning an orchid to its pot.

Today's Joy: Moisture, Fertilizer & The Proper Amount of Light.
This summer I'm enjoying being a caretaker, Reader. With gorgeous Phalaenopsis orchids like these blooming all over the house, I count the days carefully to make sure they are watered at the right time, fertilized when it will be most beneficial and receive the correct amount of bright, indirect sunlight. The results are happy orchids, everywhere you look. Nearly all are growing new leaves & aerial roots while putting forth gorgeous blossoms, some as big as my palm.

Such delightful plants, orchids. I never tire of seeing them when I come downstairs for coffee in the morning, or when visitors can't help commenting on their unique look and show-stopping flower stalks. They definitely make everyday life feel a little more interesting and exotic. And who couldn't use that?

No comments:

Post a Comment