Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today's Joy: Getting A Raise.
I was hard at work this morning, Reader, when my boss called to tell me they are changing the title of my fledgling position from Data Entry Clerk to POS Coordinator--and I'm getting a pay raise. Woo-hoo! This position has been such a blessing! Have only been with the company for a little over two months (just started full-time a couple weeks ago) and now I'm getting a nice-sized raise.

"Christmas comes early!" My boss joked. It's really wonderful to be surrounded by great people in such a supportive environment. I've never enjoyed a job as much as I do this one.

Of course, I have God to thank entirely. It was His voice I felt nudging me to look online at a particular website within hours of this job being posted there. It was His guidance I listened for during both my interviews and His will working through others that created such a great opportunity for me. I have prayed often for guidance on how to do this job to the best of my ability. And it's through Him that more incredible things continue to happen.

He has become more real to me through this process than at any other time in my life. I feel as if I can take risks and put all of myself out there in this situation because I know, whatever happens, God is there and He's guiding me. Being afraid is suddenly and simply irrelevant. As far as 'AHA' Moments go, this one's a doozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment