Tuesday, August 24, 2010


Oblivious Bee

Today's Joy: The Summer of Fun.
With the yellow school bus beginning its neighborhood rounds this week and Aunt, a long-time English teacher, preparing her classroom for all the young minds she will welcome tomorrow, we are forced to conclude that our Summer Of Fun is drawing to a close. What a wonderful summer it has been, Reader! Horse shows and birthday parties and trail rides and visits to every plant nursery for miles around. All captured on film, of course.

My family members feel very well-documented this summer. Fortunately, my love of photography melds beautifully with my appreciation for all their antics. I am very grateful they have accepted the scrutiny of my camera so amiably. I suspect the goodwill will continue as long as the photos are flattering.

Still, the Summer Of Fun must now give way to the Fall Of Occupations. I'm not sad, though. There are still a few fabulous adventures to be had before the cold descends. In September, Aunt & her roadster pony will try their hand at Villa Louis, a big-league driving show held on an island in the middle of the Mississippi River. And I'm sure there will be plenty of local shenanigans too.

Alas, Summer, it is time to say goodbye! Thanks for the sweet corn and the flowers and the peaches and every green thing. Thanks for the warm afternoons and the breezy evenings. Thanks for the goldfinch and the humming bird that visited last week. And most of all, Thank You, God, for each blessing we enjoy. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment