Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today's Joy: Rising Above.
It was a day full of challenges, Reader. Most notable, was the moment when I found myself miles from home at a gas station pump, with my truck fuel gauge on 'E' and my debit card mysteriously out of funds. After a phone call to the bank and then one to my cell phone provider, I determined that I'd been double-charged for my monthly phone bill. Unfortunately, no refund will be available for 7-12 business days and then only if I will fax proof of the original payment.

I should have asked my phone provider, if they can verify that I was over-charged, why I must submit documentation to back up what they already know. But, I'm 5 days into the second week of my No Grumbling, No Complaining Challenge and so took the high road of politeness. Besides, it's not the poor out-sourced customer service rep's fault that my provider's policies are evidently ridiculous. Still, that left me high & dry at the pump and it's difficult to fill the gas tank on wishful thinking. So, a phone call to Mom got me just enough go-juice to make it home, where Aunt had kindly provided a plastic solution.

Now, with a full tank and a few hours distance from the whole thing, I still think it stinks. But, crappy, out-of-my-control events are NOT the boss of me! This is a test and I am not allowing the enemy to ruin the rest of my day. I went to work, came home to do farm-sitting chores and am now happily installed indoors with a cool glass of iced tea while I write to you, dear Reader. P.S. I'm also wearing fabulous earrings. Which, of course, make everything better. Thank you, Lord, for giving me this opportunity to exercise my positivity and rise above (even when it's difficult). Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment