Monday, June 14, 2010

Today's Joy: A Challenge Extended & A Getting-to-Know-You Gift.
Well, Reader. Today was the official end of my personal one week No Grumbling, No Complaining Challenge. For the most part, I did well. Was certainly much more mindful of the amount of complaining I do and how that negative energy affects the people around me.

But, am still feeling vaguely dissatisfied. So, I'm going to extend my challenge for a second week. As of 10:45 pm on Monday, June 14th, 2010, I will spend another week not complaining and not grumbling and not voicing the derogatory, sarcastic or otherwise inappropriate remarks that tend to waltz out of my mouth. While they may be funny, I'm not sure I like the judgmental attitude they reinforce. (Feeling a Come-to-Jesus-Meeting coming on...)

Am also farm-sitting for a family friend this week. This morning, the delightful resident barn cats left me a present on the porch. A little, fuzzy mole. Quite dead. But intact. Considering we've only been acquainted for 12 hours, that's the feline equivalent of Will You Marry Me?? Very sweet...in an icky, ewww, get-a-paper-towel sort of way.

Note to Self: in the morning, wear shoes when going out on the porch.

(Lord, please don't let them bring me anything that's still alive. Amen.)


1 comment:

  1. lol, had our local cat leave me a present last month of a dead mouse. Thankful of the fact that it was dead, because that is the only way I prefer mice. I believe that he was extending a thank you, after he had a very tasty dinner of braums icecream. John dropped it when he was getting out of the car, but im sure the feline thought that we did this on purpose. After all, who wouldn't leave out icecream for a cat. I guess that country cats have the same opinion of themselves as city cats; high and mighty! Well I'm off to find some cream. What; I hate mice!

    ReplyDelete