Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Today's Joy: Keeping Busy.
Have been thinking all week about Sunday's church service. Renowned financial guru, Dave Ramsey, was our featured (video) speaker. We're 2/3 of the way thru a three week series of his about biblical finance. I'm finding it very illuminating.

What's been sticking with me all week as I've started a new job in addition to my part-time retail position and as I'm farm-sitting for a family friend this week, is his advice about working hard. His do-the-work-now-so-you-can-reap-the-rewards-later philosophy seems especially apropos as I get up at 5:30 am to do chores and clean stalls before working an 8-hour shift at one job and then a closing shift at the other.

Funny thing is, while I'm definitely tired, I don't feel like all my reserves are drained. When focusing after so many hours becomes a challenge, I think about what Dave said. And about making a better life for myself (and someday, my family). I want to be able to do the things God has in store for me in this life, rather than being a slave to my car loan or my student loan payments or, eventually, a mortgage. So I'm diving in. I'm putting it all out there in a way I never have. I am ON FIRE. If I can squeeze it in and it gets me closer to my goal, I'm doing it! And I'm doing it to the best of my ability!

So far, I have noticed two things. I sleep like a rock every night. And I feel good about the day, like I'm on the right path. Can't wait to see what I can accomplish next. Lead on, Lord.

2 comments:

  1. You cease to amaze me! I am nearly at tears everytime i read your blog. I know that the past romantical events have left a hole, but you filled that hole with the Almighty! I will be forever grateful to the challanges and trails that have made our together forever possible. Heres to a life with no sorrow, golden streets and my best friend with me everyday! Thank you Lord for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Sistah!
    Thank you for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete