Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today's Joy: First Day at My New Job.
Wow! What a great day, Reader! This comes to you a bit late, but when one's hands are full, one can't always post in a timely fashion. Never fear, you are never far from my mind as I go about my daily adventures. Can't wait to get to the laptop and share the good stuff with you!

My first day as a Data Entry Clerk for the local branch of an excellent health food store was amazing! I got right in there and learned a zillion new things. Was definitely challenged and stretched myself--which felt really good. Best first day I've had at a job in a very long time. There's a certain amount of fluidity in my position at this point. I can't wait to see how it will evolve. Devoured the entire procedure manual right after orientation and am now reading a memoir about the business, written by one of the founders, as well as a large book around which many of the company's core objectives are based. If information is power, I'm doing the mental equivalent of eating my Wheaties.

I took time today to thank God for this opportunity. He knew just where I needed to be and just what I need to be doing. Funny, how returning to the basics of faith can make such a difference in your life path. Is there something He's asking you to do, Reader? What's holding you back? What do you think might happen if you let go of your fears & objections to do what He's asking? Are you ready to step out in faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment