Tuesday, May 18, 2010



Today's Joy: Showing 'S' A Good Time.
What a blessing today has been, dear Reader! Took my visiting friend out to see all the critters at our farm and a few of my favorite country back roads. Also stuffed her full of homemade food and lemon cake. Now, when she leaves for the Ukraine in the morning, it will be with a warm send-off.

Her visit has been such a joy. I'm so grateful for it. And to my wonderful family & friends who've made her welcome and will see her safely to the airport tomorrow while I'm hip-deep in an early morning inventory at work. She's been here for just over 24 hours but somehow, we managed to fit a whole visit into that time. Isn't it amazing how time can swell and contract to fit what we need, how the knowledge that every moment is precious gives each experience a fresh sharpness and vitality? God loves the mindful! Find a moment today to savor, Reader. Find that joy, that tiny triumph or that breath of peace and live every inch of it. Choose to do more than go through the motions. In the end, what you focus on makes all the difference.

Godspeed to you, my traveling friend! Wherever you are when you read this, I know it will find you living the moment.

Photo: S, Just Before Leaving for the Ukraine, May, 2010.





No comments:

Post a Comment