Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today's Joy: Season Finales.
Reader, tonight was the be-all, end-all season finale of Grey's Anatomy! Two hours of delicious torture!! There was a shooter in the hospital, bent on revenge, and he was gunning for McDreamy! (And anyone else dumb enough to admit they were a surgeon.) Meredith found out she was pregnant! Owen finally chose between Cristina & Teddy! And poor Alex took a bullet and then dragged himself into an elevator! Un-be-lievable!

Add to that, the well-written (if overly-bloody) exit of several of my least favorite secondary characters (almost everybody from Mercy West) and it was a rousing success. Aunt had a late meeting so I DVR'ed the whole spectacle for her and then we watched it again, sans commercials. Whew! Talk about emotionally exhausting!

Okay, I know it's just a show. Yes, it's completely unrealistic and stretches credibility with increasing frequency over the last couple seasons. But, I don't care. It's my guilty pleasure and I have a lot of time invested in these characters! Besides, I love every over-dramatic moment. Here's to your guilty pleasure, Reader. May it bring you much furtive joy! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment