Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Today's Joy: Spring Traditions.

Spring is in the air today, Reader, and it was a glorious 75 degrees outside when I left work. I drove the truck home with the windows down and my hair blowing in my eyes. Mary Chapin Carpenter sang about taking chances on the radio while I flew down back country roads. There's nothing like that first drive on a warm spring afternoon.


Tonight, my family is gathered together and we're dyeing Easter eggs. I missed doing this last year (was in Dallas) so it's nice to be back again and sharing the same tradition we all loved as children. Easter and spring and the feel of warm air on your skin for the first time in many months--isn't it wonderful how the little rituals of this green season make us feel renewed?

No comments:

Post a Comment