Monday, March 8, 2010

Today's Joy: Daffodils.
I was reading the latest issue of Midwest Living this morning, Reader, and came across this fabulous article on the top ten daffodils for the midwest.  Is there anyone who doesn't love these first-on-the-scene, perky-yellow perennials?  This year especially, it seems I can't wait to see them popping up out of the freshly-thawed ground.  All of my springtime childhood memories involve their sunshiney little faces.

If you're in the mood to see yellow, stop by the Missouri Botanical Garden in April for their spectacular annual daffodil display, featuring 750 types of the little darlings.  You can also hike the scenic 'Daffodil Trail'.  I think we should put this on the must-see list for next year.  Drop me a line if you're up for a little yellow road trip!

Photo: Daffodil, St. Charles, IL. Spring, 2008.          

No comments:

Post a Comment