Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today's Joy: Business cards.
Was delighted to come home today, Reader, and find my new photography business cards waiting on the front stoop. God Bless Vista Print! They get great quality stuff to you fast.

Isn't it funny how business cards make you feel a little more 'defined'? It's silly, I know, but don't they make your professional persona feel just a tad more real? Of course, we're all more than the sum of the phone number and email address listed on a card and certainly there's more to us than any snarky logo might imply. But there's something about a business card that lends a certain credibility to what you offer. It says: I am capable. I can get the job done well. Here's my card.

Even after creating a website, ordering product and securing a booth at the IL Orchid Society Show to sell my wares, I don't think the reality of being in business for myself hit me until I had the cards in my hand. Now, it's real. And I am SO excited! Tomorrow, I'll post my site address and info if anybody's interested in checking it out. Constructive feedback is always appreciated. Have a wonderful day, Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment