Wednesday, December 15, 2010


Confectionery Creativity

Today's Joy: Truffling.
Aunt, the English Teacher, has added a new verb to our family lexicon, Reader: truffling. Meaning literally: to truffle. It's an apt description of what I've been doing over the last several days. With the Christmas spirit coursing through me like some sort of holiday energy drink, I decided a couple weeks ago to make Oreo Truffles for all 11 of the stores I work with for Christmas. I love to make truffles and people really love to eat them, so it seemed a perfect fit.

Of course, rolling, dipping & decorating 11 dozen truffles (with an extra 4-5 dozen thrown in for family members and holiday parties) is no simple task. But I'd promised myself on Thanksgiving that I was not going to get caught up in holiday stress & anxiety this year. Instead, this season I'm going to give wherever I can and savor the holiday moments. So I've really enjoyed all the little things, like stuffing a few dollars in the Salvation Army Bell Ringer's bucket, getting gingerbread lattes from Starbucks, decorating my red & white candy tree, drinking Tom & Jerry's and Christmas shopping with my family. Being mindful has made this the most enjoyable Christmas season I've had in years.


The Truffle Assembly Line


But, back to truffling. I'd set myself a serious truffle challenge, Reader. And it took me Sunday afternoon as well as couple evenings this week to finish them all (thank goodness for Aunt's help with the sprinkling!). My favorite part was drizzling the last batch with white chocolate. There's just something Godiva-decadent about drizzle on chocolates. It takes a truffle to the next level. But I digress.

Once all 11 dozen were nestled in their little tins and packed up, I felt so good! Couldn't wait to give them out at the office Christmas party. Funny, how all the joy more than makes up for the work I put in.


Trufflicious

No comments:

Post a Comment