Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today's Joy: Reconnecting with Old Acquaintances.
Been a crazy day, Reader! Worked a hectic day at both jobs. Somewhere in between, I got a phone call from a former coworker informing me about a retirement party scheduled this afternoon for another old friend. I had just enough time between shifts to stop by.

So, I did and surprised all my favorite old work-mates. Haven't seen any of them since I moved to Texas and now that I'm back, it was nice to catch up. Amazing how so many lives have changed this past year--some in disappointing ways, but others in positive ones. I made plans to attend church with one and photograph her next civil war re-enactment for another. In all, was reluctant to leave when the time came, which is always a sign of time well-spent. So glad I took the chance to reconnect.

Who would you like to catch up with Reader? Have you been putting it off for some reason? Too busy? Too much effort to reconnect? Feeling like you aren't in as good a place as you'd like to be right now? Or that your renewal of friendship may not be well-received?

Whatever the reason, if it's on your heart, take the time and reach out to that person (or family). That little nagging sensation in the back of your mind is God nudging you. Something in your reconnection will bring a blessing. It might be in your life, the other person's, or perhaps in a life you wouldn't expect. But your simple act of reaching out will likely have ramifications beyond your expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment