Tuesday, June 29, 2010


Me, B & Leaky Bucket

Faith is reason grown courageous. ~Sherwood Eddy

Today's Joy: New Beginnings.
I took a step out in faith tonight, Reader. I attended my first women's community group through church. While God has blessed me tenfold since I've been home, I confess I miss the day-to-day closeness of my best girl friends (all of whom live in other states). Now that I'm attending a church I really like, it feels like the perfect time to reach out in search of fab new local female friends to share this faith-journey.

Over the last 14 years, I've been blessed with several lifelong women friends. We've met while living in a treehouse and while studying physics. Two started out as my boss and another as my editor. Over the years, they've been my conscience & spiritual guides, my personal beauty advisers, my cheering squad and (when needed) a gentle reality check. They've been generous beyond measure and once even crawled through mud to get my car un-stuck so I wouldn't get my dress filthy.


K & J
P.S. They can rock any look from purple alligator-print stilettos to pink-lined camo gear.


D at the Fort Worth Botanical Garden
Whatever we go thru in this life, it's my pleasure to remind them I still see the bold, young women underneath the mommy, wife and career roles they've taken on. What a joy to watch them grow and mature into better versions of themselves! I suppose I feel about my girl friends the way some women feel about having children--there's always room for more!


S & her new HHR
Anyway, I had a good time tonight and met some fascinating and honest women. Can't wait to get to know them better. Have that feeling of being right where I'm supposed to be--you know the one I mean--where you can clearly feel God working in your life. Something special is beginning. Can't wait to see how it will unfold.

As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. ~Emmanuel

Quotes courtesy of The Quote Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment