Thursday, June 24, 2010


Hanging On

Today's Joy: Tenacity.
A big day at the new job, Reader. I was turned loose on the inventory system and started applying all the new skills I've learned. It only took 5 minutes before I was knee-deep in invoicing questions. Fortunately there are a plethora of people to answer my queries. Asking was a great opportunity to get to know my team better. Bless their hearts, they answered every annoying question and we laughed quite a bit. I stayed a few hours late to finish some work and was all in but the shoe strings by the time I left. Tomorrow will be another day of firsts as I tackle the weekly store reports on my own.

I really love the fact that in this position I have to be on my toes all day long. It's a refreshing change from the monotony of retail sales. Plus it's interesting to see this side of the inventory equation. There were a couple moments today when I felt in over my head, but then I'd learn something new and everything somehow fell into place again. Whenever I felt a little panicky, I took a deep breath and thought, God, you put me in this position for a reason and in order to do whatever it is you have in mind, I need to figure out how to do _________. Sure enough, the answer would come. It pays to be tenacious!

What are you tenacious about, Reader? What gets you fired up enough to throw your best at it everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment