Friday, June 11, 2010


Aunt's incomparable Aurora Blue delphiniums.

Today's Joy: Those Things God Provides.
Uh-oh, Reader. Woke up this morning with all the classic symptoms of a UTI. I began to panic a tad when I thought about the bills coming due this week and now an added health expenditure. Opened my mouth to complain, but then remembered my week-long No Grumbling, No Complaining Challenge and held my tongue.

Aunt said,"Maybe it's a test." I suspected she was right, so instead of being afraid & whining about bad timing, I told God I knew he had this covered and I would wait for the solution to present itself. Then I called Mom, who works in the healthcare industry, for some advice. Long story short, that call led to an inexpensive physician-approved solution. Hurray! Thanks to Mom & God for taking good care of me.

This got me thinking about all the ways God provides for us each day that we take for granted. When I get in my truck each morning to go to work, I turn the key in the ignition and expect my vehicle to work. An hour before that, I turn on the faucet and get in the shower, expecting hot, running water. 20 minutes before that, I put a mug of cold water in the microwave and expect I will get hot water for my coffee. And every night, I go to bed taking for granted that I'll wake up the next morning. I have hundreds of expectations like this throughout the day. And if just one of them doesn't happen, it can throw the whole day out of whack. How utterly my daily life depends on God! Without Him, nothing would work or even exist at all.

Sometimes it's good just to keep that in mind, when the day runs smoothly and I'm still peeved about some little insignificant problem. After all, if it's important, He's gonna fix it. And if He doesn't, it's probably not that big a deal, anyway.


Delphiniums are huge this year!



Blossom Detail.

Stepping out into Aunt's garden reminds me of something else He provides: all the beauty in our daily lives. All those deep sighs of contentment--whether they happen when you get home from a long day at work, or when you take time out of your day to stop and have lunch by a pond, or when you step out of your house and feel blessed to be surrounded by so many gorgeous living things. Of course, there's also those 2 and four-legged beings moving around your life. They may not always be pretty, but they are beautiful.

Go forth this weekend, Reader, and take a moment to look around your life at all we take for granted. Say a little thank you for all those blessings. I'll be right there with you.


Stalks are over 4 feet tall!


Cozy coral roses.


Yellow Lilies at Sundown.

No comments:

Post a Comment