Monday, March 1, 2010

Today's Joy: Spring is coming!
Few things are as slow & dull as a Monday morning, Reader. So, let's think up a few reasons why today is better than the average Monday.

It's March 1st--winter is on the wane! The suffocating layers of snow are finally starting to melt. I never thought I'd be so glad to see soggy dirt in my life!

The Midwest garden centers are beginning to show signs of life, with calla lilies & the first vibrant begonias arriving in-store.

Everywhere I go these days, hopeful ears are listening for the sound of cardinals, returning Canada geese and that most-welcome herald of spring: the robin.

Kleins, our local farm stand, has the telltale phrase on their roadside sign: Seeding Has Begun. I can't wait to buy several flats of their ruffly Pirouette Petunias this year. They are gorgeous!

Yep, I think that might just be enough to make this Monday better than the average. Hope you find a little time today for spring-thinking, Reader. If you hear a robin, let me know.

Photo: Robin Chick, Wisconsin 2008.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the robin and bee are freaking awesome photos. You definitely need to submit them to NWF in the amateur wildlife category!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete