Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today's Joy: Sharing a Lesson. I forget sometimes, Reader, when I'm going through a hard time in life that each obstacle I overcome is actually a lesson I will need later on. Sometimes the lesson isn't just for me either.

Today, a friend-in-need situation prompted me to share some private details with someone else who's going through a similar rough patch. It is my hope, she too will be able to benefit from my experience. At the very least, she will know someone else has been through it and understands. More importantly, I hope she sees that it's possible to thrive, not just survive, after life blows up in your face. Case in point, I have been back in Chicago for less than 3 weeks and I already have a great job prospect, creative irons in the fire and feel like my spirit is growing in new ways each day (like I'm breathing in God's resilience!).

I believe everything happens in the right time and the right order. Today's lessons are the foundation for who we will become. So, even though some lessons hurt like mad in the moment, they're really just growing pains. And nothing I can't handle with a couple Tylenol and some new lip gloss. God Bless you, Reader! May you find the strength you need to get through the next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment