Friday, February 26, 2010

Today's Joy: Patience. Are you a patient person, Reader? I am not. Patience is a virtue I have come to value & attempt to cultivate more and more as I get older. But it is slow going.

Today I had a very successful interview for my dream decorating job. The opportunity is an excellent one with great long-term potential. But after careful evaluation of the start-up costs, first year earnings and expenses, it is not feasible for me at this time. A frustrating realization. Ok, that's a bit of an understatement. Darn it!

I mulled the whole thing over for several hours over a few mini eclairs & a glass or two of Riesling. The conclusion I find most helpful, is that this is my chance to practice being patient. Yes, the dream job is a great opportunity. Yes, if I had two incomes instead of one, I wouldn't think twice about diving in to a big, new career. But I have just myself now. So, back to the job boards I go. And really, that's ok. The timing may be wrong, but I'm close, Reader. I'm right on the verge of finding something great. Or, at least, something that will start down the path to where I'm supposed to be. All things in the right time and the right order. Patience. Being patient. This is me. Being patient. Are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment