Wednesday, February 10, 2010


Today's Joy: A Plethora of Color. Dear Reader, it's the dead of winter in Chicago and I'm huddled indoors, flanked by a foot or more of drifting snow. As I drink caramel cocoa and survey the miles of frozen whiteness outside, I'm daydreaming about color. Rich, fabulous, gorgeous color! Enough color to brighten my spirits and make me forget all about the frigid landscape.

I think I was bitten by the color bug while at the Home Depot earlier today. I was killing time between appointments and decided to visit Brother, who has been a Paint & Stain Guru at HD for several years. Next thing I knew, I was face to face with a wall of colors--so many I just stood there, slack-jawed! I was drawn to all the rich and wonderful shades of brown--some with red tints, some with yellow. They had wonderful names like Bitter Briar, Muse & Bison Brown. I grabbed every color sample that caught my eye. Then I remembered my Aunt, who has graciously put me up until I find a new nest. She is redoing her kitchen. So I grabbed every color I thought might work for her. Ten minutes later, I was waltzing out the door with an armload of samples and 5 pamphlets with color scheme suggestions.

Now seeing them all spread out on the table is color-junkie bliss! Can't wait to spend the evening perusing every shade. May your day be filled with color too!

No comments:

Post a Comment