Friday, February 12, 2010


Today's Joy: Dinner with an Old Friend. Aren't long-time friends a wonderful thing, Reader? I am very blessed to know several dear souls who have shared this life journey with me for 10 years or more. Can't think how life would have turned out (or how I would have turned out!) without their loving support these many years.
Tonight I had dinner with Keith, perhaps the kindest, steadiest man I know. There is something tranquil and calming about being around him. Convenient--seeing as he's a massage therapist. He is a good listener and a benevolent presence in any crisis.
A sweet soul with a great laugh (and the occasional snort), he has an intuitive understanding of people. We had a great evening just chatting over steak & a burger at Outback Steakhouse. I left there, as I always do, with the warm sense that all will be right with the world, even if it may not seem like it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment