Thursday, February 11, 2010


Today's Joy: Getting Back in the Game. Have been feeling a little disjointed, Reader. I didn't imagine 2010 playing out quite as it has and this last week has my head spinning. It feels strange to be back up north, shivering in the cold and starting over. I find myself seeking out old comforts, things that will help me re-ground myself.


Last spring, my head was full of the Chicago Flower & Garden Show. I submitted photos to their annual photography competition and was elated when two were chosen among 30 finalists to appear at the show. With an estimated 60,000 people attending, I was so proud to see my best shots on display at Navy Pier. The show was wonderful! Though, it was a bit surreal to see folks walking up and taking pictures of my photos. My mother was especially tickled--her roses were one of my subjects. It was an incredible day.


Just for fun, I got online and checked into this year's flower show. I'm delighted to find that I haven't missed the photography competition deadline. Now my head is all full of decisions--which photos to submit, which categories to enter, how wonderful it would be to see my work down at Navy Pier again in March.....


It just goes to show, Reader, even when the world is all upside down and you're feeling like you might not be up to the challenge, there is always an opportunity--always something to remind you who you are and what you started out to accomplish in the first place. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment