Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Last Weekend's Breakfast: Eggs Benedict with Our Bacon & Sausage

Today's Joy: The Little Things We Look Forward To.
Is there anybody, Reader, who doesn't love the weekend? Whether yours comes on Sat & Sun or in the middle of the week, having two whole days together where you aren't punching a clock for someone else can feel like the best gift there is. Two mornings where you can either sleep in until the sun is well overhead or get up early to do something of your own choosing.

For me, the weekend represents a multitude of little rituals that I don't usually have time to enjoy during the week: fresh-brewed coffee with a designer creamer; fussing over my indoor plants; lounging in bed reading or enjoying a hot, homemade breakfast--all the while not caring what time it is or where my cell phone is at.

Couple any of these with my family's usual kooky adventures and you have my idea of a perfect weekend--the kind you think about for the rest of the week. So, when I have a lousy Tuesday and work is about to kick my butt, I just have to remember those simple joys because I'll be right back there again in a day or two. If practice makes perfect, I'm gonna be the Queen of well-lived weekends. Here's hoping, Reader, that you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment