Friday, May 28, 2010


My Garden O' Galoshes, May, 2010.

Today's Joy: Watching Things Grow.
A crazy, hectic day, Reader. Came home from work and dove right into helping the family get ready for their big day at the St. James Farm Forest Preserve Homecoming Celebration tomorrow. With the announcer's script written and emailed, a fab gourmet lunch packed for tomorrow and my camera gear ready to catch them in all their show-fabulousness, it's nearly midnight and I am pooped!

Realized I forgot to water my flowers this morning, so I popped outside to check. Sure enough, they're a little dry. Will remember to water them extra well tomorrow. They sure are growing well though, and bursting with vivid blossoms. Hard to believe they've grown so much in less than a week! Isn't it amazing how life continues to work its little miracles every day?

When I think about all the energy in our bodies and how all the mysterious processes of life are constantly going on to keep us alive, upright and breathing, it really is mind-boggling. Especially when you multiple that by all the processes going on in the plants and animals around us--and around the world! What an awesome, complicated, well-orchestrated system of cycles and neurons firing...however God does it, it's a beautiful thing to behold.



No comments:

Post a Comment