Friday, April 30, 2010



Today's Joy: Storm Front Coming Through.
Reader, tomorrow is the first day of May and it definitely feels like there's a change in the air. For the past few days, it's been warm and windy. The air is full of pollen and the scent of every green thing. Tonight, the last of the winter debris is blowing across the garden and there's a tornado watch for our area in northern IL. The smell of fresh rain is wafting in through the screens.

I don't care for storms. They make me nervous. I wait and watch for that green tint in the sky when things are about to get nasty. But I love the way the world is right after all the lightning, thunder and torrents of rain--soaked and scoured clean. I love the way new life explodes after a rainstorm.

Good night, Reader. Just heard the first low rumble of thunder. Can't wait to see the world tomorrow.

Photo: Skydog During A Storm Front, 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment