Friday, February 5, 2010

Today's Joy: The People Who Show Up at 3 am. Do you find, Reader, that major life changes seem to happen at the strangest and most inopportune moments? I definitely do. Today, life tossed me a doozie. Suffice it to say that my life plan has altered course. At a 90-degree angle. Looks like I may be returning to the Midwest in short order (with crabby cat in tow). Why spend a cool and rainy February in Dallas when you can freeze your unmentionables off braving the Chicago wind chills?

Never fear, I will still continue to chronicle joy and good recipes in the northern climes. In fact, I'm suddenly feeling the urge to eat a lot more hot soup. But I digress.

Today's Joy is about those friends you can call when your life course changes direction at 3 am. Whether they come rushing over in their jammies to commiserate or allow you and a yowling, spitting fur ball to invade their swanky, downtown loft, they are a God-send. Where would we be without those generous souls who rise, heavy-lidded, and put on a pot of coffee? Doesn't your perspective on things change when there's a sympathetic ear bent in your direction?

Thank You, my 3 am friends. While I blaze the new trail God has laid before me, you make the going so much smoother!

No comments:

Post a Comment