Saturday, February 6, 2010

Have to catch up on all the goings-on of the last few days. Long story short, Reader, Himself & I have parted ways. While I am sorry about the circumstances, I don't regret my adventure in Texas and would love to return some day. Had to dig to find the daily joy but there is still some there, even with a broken heart.

Today's Joy: Family & Friends. There is perhaps no greater comfort than the loved ones who show up to help in a crisis. I am so grateful for the family members that drove many hours without sleep to be with me. I am equally grateful for the two lovely friends who sent me on my way with snacks and much love, and for the two friends who showed up for the 2nd time in less than a week to help me schlepp boxes down stairs. In the succinct words of my Uncle, " Wow, those girls worked their tails off!"

The brightest spot in my day was meeting my God Daughter for the first time. My dearest friend and her husband drove 3 hours from OKC so that we could spend a few minutes together at a local Arby's before heading out of town. Have never seen a more beautiful baby! I look forward to many years of spoiling that child and many years of being her mommy's friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment