Saturday, February 20, 2010


Lady's Slipper Orchid
Originally uploaded by talekinker

Today's Joy: Anticipation. I have waited all week for this, Reader. Tomorrow is the Batavia Orchid Society's Annual Orchid Show. Mom, Aunt, a few friends and I will descend upon the Dupage County Fairgrounds tomorrow to drink in all the glorious orchidness. Reader, I am an orchid junkie. Phalaenopsis, Lady Slippers--the more zany and colorful, the better!

There is a photography competition involved too. The winning shot will receive web publicity and earn a free subscription to Orchid Digest. Wish me luck! My fingers are already itching to hit the shutter on my trusty Olympus. Will have plenty of orchid joy to share with you tomorrow!

Photo: Paphiopedilum: Paph. Hsinying Majukun 'Dennis Choice' x Paph. lawrenceanum 'Tradition'

No comments:

Post a Comment