Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Today's Joy: Apologizing. If you're like me, Reader, and you suddenly realize that you've hurt someone by doing or saying something bone-headed (which I do with some frequency), that guilty feeling just hangs on and nags at you until you say you're sorry.
It's funny--the moment I acknowledge my insensitivity and remind the-party-in-question (usually Himself) that he is far more important to me than whatever irritation I felt, all is once again right with the world. He feels better too. Thoughtfulness = vindication? Or maybe it's just hearing that I've actually taken the time to see it from his perspective. While I can't exactly tromp around the house in his size 13's, I can at least make an effort to try on his point-of-view.
With any luck, my bone-headed moments will happen less often. That would definitely be a joy for both of us. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment