Wednesday, January 13, 2010


So Sleepy
Originally uploaded by talekinker
Today's Joy: being exhausted (in a good way). Dear Reader, I am POOPED! Was up at 4:30 this morning to do Inventory at the store. I even managed to make Himself's lunch, down a cup of coffee and show up cheerful!

Once on site, I became a human calculator and scoured the store, looking for any discrepancies in what we have versus what we should. I was a dynamo, Reader. Tackled everything from furniture & pottery to candles, toys & dishware. I hurried to identify untagged items. I rushed to pre-count whole sections to make things easier on the RGIS Inventory Folk (bless their hearts). My mind whirred with tallies and updated quantities. I was one with the abacus and, darn it, I was going to make a difference!

And now, after 8 hours of staring at teeny-tiny count totals, badly scrawled sku numbers and after looking around to find every store display in shambles, I have come to the following conclusions:
You really can have too much glassware.
Purgatory = counting reed diffusers.
No one needs 31 red poppy stems.
Never assume every mug on the cat mug shelf is, in fact, a cat mug.
And most importantly, I do not 'heart' Inventory.

I think next year, I will call out well...alas.
Good day to you, dear Reader. This chick is going home to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment