Friday, January 1, 2010

365 Days of Joy Begin....


Lion & Lamb
Originally uploaded by talekinker
Welcome to 2010, dear Reader!
Whether you are stumbling out of bed bleary-eyed or curling up on the couch with a mug of coffee to watch the Rose Parade, I hope this bright, chilly morning finds you happy and looking forward to the year ahead.

In the middle of all the holiday hooplah this season, not surprisingly, I found myself thinking about joy. It's easy to be joyful on officially-designated holidays. But what about the joy permeating our lives everyday? Lord knows, it takes more effort to recognize and cultivate positivity when the bills are past due, your job stress is on the rise and the love of your life leaves whiskers all over the sink (again).

But here's the truth: I get frustrated too easily. Obstacles make me cranky. I've been known to allow minor setbacks to upset my peaceful balance. Too often, I let the world get to me rather than trusting in God, in my faith and in love to guide me along the right path.

So, instead of a resolution this year, I'm committing myself to finding something positive & joyful to write about each day for 365 days. Starting now. Something impactful, however small. Something I am grateful for. Something that restores my faith in God and humanity. Something to share with you, dear Reader, in hopes of bolstering your joy too.

This will not be easy. Sometimes it might get a little sappy. It might be a hair preachy at times too. But I promise you, it will be honest and heartfelt and maybe a little illuminating.
You will still also find my favorite recipes, holiday party tips and general musings about life.

Let the chronicling of joy begin!

1 comment: