Sunday, August 15, 2010


Aunt & Poodle, Driving Portrait
Today's Joy: Photo Editing.
Whew! Went thru all the photos I took using both cameras yesterday, Reader. There are approximately 1,000 images in all. Of course, most are bunk. But around 230 are worth editing and about 15-20 of those I'm actually quite pleased with. Lately, have been trying to upload my photos on an almost daily basis to reduce the amount of large-scale uploads that I normally post to my flickr site. It works wonders, except when I cover fun family adventures like yesterday's driving show.

I really enjoy snapping shots of my family as they whoop it up in all their technicolor fabulousness. They are such original characters, I couldn't have made them up! Much better to just follow along and catch their antics on film. So, once in a while, several hours of sitting in a chair, squinting at the computer screen to make sure each shot is cropped right and the colors reflect things just as I remember them is worth the stiff back and flat bottom I inevitably get.

Few things are better than hitting play on a photo slideshow and watching everyone smile & laugh as they see themselves the way I see them. They are so colorful and vital. I suspect it will be my life's work to capture that essence in photos. Good thing I have a good camera and they always have a new adventure on the horizon. Wonder what they'll come up with next...

No comments:

Post a Comment