Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today's Joy: Employment Prayers Answered!
After nearly 4 months of online job-hunting and a string of interviews all over the Chicago area, I finally got the call today, Reader! A job offer! And not just any job offer, but the one I really want with a terrific company that does good things for the world.

About a month ago, I was feeling pretty deflated. Had been back from Dallas for a few months, and while currently working retail part-time, I needed something more substantial to pay the bills and be a contributing member of society. Things were beginning to feel a bit hopeless.

So, I spent the morning reading my bible, journaling and praying. I turned it all over to God and asked Him to direct me, to send me where my talents would be of use. Certainly wasn't having much luck on my own. I made the decision to stop panicking and complaining, to wait patiently for Him to show me the solution in His own time. And I vowed to not give up hope.

Later that morning, something compelled me to get online and check out Craig's List. I found two promising opportunities posted just that morning and sent resumes out for both. Within two days, I received a call back on both positions. Over the next couple weeks, I went to a first and then a second interview for each. Both were great positions, but I developed a strong affinity for one in particular, almost immediately.

It is a Data Entry position for a wonderful chain of Chicago-area Organic Health Food stores. While interviewing, I visited several locations and they were all neat, clean, well laid-out and full of helpful people. Every person I came in contact with at this company was happy, upbeat and excited about their job. It's also a Christian company and continues to provide products and services that make people's lives better.

Tonight, I got the call I've been waiting for. They offered me the Data Entry position and I accepted with great delight. Can't wait to dive into this new challenge! Can't wait to learn all about organic foods and how to eat better! Can't wait to throw my energy into a company who is doing wonderful things for the world!

Thank you, Lord, for getting me where I need to be to do your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment