Sunday, April 11, 2010



Today's Joy: Little Signs.
Reader, when God really wants to get through to me about something, he gets on the radio. I love to sing in the truck & always have music on while I'm driving. It's my traveling sanctuary--a place I can think on problems and ruminate about life. So, it makes perfect sense that God often speaks to me through timely songs, lyrics & commentary when I really need encouragement. It's kinda nice too--like having your finger on the pulse of the universe. Anyway, I was wrestling with a particular question today and He sent me direction through one much-needed song, then another (just in case I didn't get the point). I love that He has a back-up plan. And I love His sense of humor.

He sent me another message today too. In this glorious spring season, I admit I've been feeling the recent loss of love pretty keenly. Seems especially hard when everything around me is growing or being renewed. But hope arrived today in the form of an attractive Nigerian man who came into my store and asked for my number. I turned him down--am not ready to think about dating right now. But His message was clear. I won't have a broken heart forever. And that small comfort is all I need. Whatever you're wrestling with, Reader, may God bring you some peace today too.

God is closest to those with broken hearts. ~ Jewish Saying

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. ~Author Unknown

Quotes courtesy of The Quote Garden.

Photo: April Daisies, Platt Hill Nursery, Carpentersville, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment