Monday, January 4, 2010


Today's Joy: Himself. Due to a financial crux, I went home to see family in IL over the New Year, while he stayed in Texas. That time apart turned out to be productive for both of us. While I missed him terribly and re-affirmed what I already knew (that he is, in fact, the ONLY man for me), he spent the week caring for our home and vehicle and thinking out a plan for how to improve our lives in 2010. Which he then presented to me in clear detail once I arrived, with much relief, back into his arms. Add to that the beautiful Love Knot ring he presented to me on Christmas morning--his promise that we will make this journey together--and I could hardly be happier.

It's an amazing thing, love. A gift and a blessing from God. The one intangible that can become tangible. A verb that turns itself into a noun. The only act I know which, when practiced, infinitely multiplies both the amount you are capable of giving as well as how much you are able to receive. Ah, dear Reader, isn't that a lovely thought?

(Photo of us was taken New Year's Eve, 2008, at the Myriad Botanical Gardens, Oklahoma City.)

No comments:

Post a Comment